Through the power of community involvement and self-expression, VOICES empowers youth to change their lives.
Through culturally sustaining education, healing-centered engagement, and workforce development, VOICES provides the relationships, resources, and opportunities for youth to heal, grow, and further their path towards economic self-sufficiency and civically engaged lives. VOICES programs and services are grounded by our Four Pillars of Wellness:
- Healed- Systemic oppression forces us to acknowledge that healing must be core for communities to transform and thrive
- Educated- Equitable educational opportunities are essential for economically stable and thriving communities
- Creative- A collective and neutral platform for trauma and social justice issues to be explored without judgement is essential
- Disciplined- Communities need tools to create new personal habits and pathways for self-sufficiency
VOICES programming includes community-based services, DCS contracted services, and the Arts as Healing & Activism program.
Arthur Dean Family Foundation Funding
- 2021: Program support for the Family Liberation program which works with youth and their families on establishing economic self-sufficiency